10 Slingsby Place
10 Slingsby Place is a new mixed use retail and office building and is the first phase to be constructed on the Longmartin St Martins Courtyard development masterplanned by MRP in Covent Garden.
The development comprises several elements:
- The re-modelling of existing premises to create new double height high quality retail units fronting Long Acre.
- New retail units partly constructed behind the retained and refurbished brick warehouse facade fronting Slingsby Place.
- A new office building which forms a prominent corner feature on St Martins courtyard.
- Three new residential flats formed from a former basement warehouse.
- The scheme also includes the refurbishment of existing residential flats adjacent the development, which remain in occupation throughout.
- The new building includes a palette of materials including brick, stone, render and zinc cladding, responding to the variety and street scene of neighbouring Covent Garden. The refurbished facade will include matching polychrome and reconstructed arch brickwork, new metal windows and features creating a lively street scene and atmospheric retail environment.